1. Thanksgiving break ("break") is upon us! I want to take a second before talking details in this week's FYI to share my gratitude for everyone. I'm extremely thankful for the students who continue to make my life meaningful and fulfilling. I'm thankful for our parent/boosters for believing in the program and choosing to volunteer their time with these kids. Finally, I'm thankful for all the people on our band staff. They love this program as much as I do and help make the Marching Tigers special. Thank you to everyone for having such a positive impact on my life. I will always be humbly grateful .
2. Playoffs - Week 14, Turkey edition. Tiger Football is headed to Piqua High School for their next playoff game. Students will need to be at Central on Friday by 3:15pm. We will have a brief walkthrough right at 3:15pm on the bus lot then depart for the game at 4:00. Students need to prepare for cold weather and purple uniforms. We will be arriving fairly late due to the distance from home. Please use this address for directions to Piqua High School - 1 Indian Trail, Piqua, OH 45356.
3. Skull Session. The information sent out last week is all still good. The Important reminders are the following:
- We are wearing the commemorative Rose Parade uniform. Students must have hair up off the shoulders at all times. No additional jewelry or painted nails, and students must wear black socks with their new black shoes.
- Students need to bring their Rose Parade uniform hangers, and hat boxes to school Saturday morning. After the skull session students will need to hang their uniforms in wardrobe boxes to be stored away for shipping at a later date. We will begin this process when we get back to Central.
Timeline for Saturday Skull Session:
6:45am…………..Report to Home School (Dress: Full Rose Parade Uniform)
7:00am…………Depart Home School for OSU St. John Arena
8:15am…………March to Arena
9:00am…………Skull Session Begins
9:45am…………TBDBITL Entrance (Super cool!)
12:30pm………..Return to Home School (Pack Rose Parade Uniforms for Travel)
4. Intersession on December 5th. All students going on the Rose Parade trip need to sign-up for the 4th intersession called, Marching Band. We will be doing a full-band memorization session in the PAC that day.
6/4/2020 12:07:07 am
We all need to say thank you to the people that helped us in our journey. These are the people that did everything to the people that are in need and we owe everything. It is better to say thank you to the people since they are the heroes in our lives. Heroes that we need on our journey, we can always have that fun that we want. We can seize the moment and together we can all be happy with the efforts that we have exerted.
Leave a Reply.
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 9th year of teaching in Pickerington and 17th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.