We are finally to the eve of our first official practice for the 2021 Marching Band Season. Myself and the rest of the staff are looking forward to getting everyone back into action!
Before tomorrow here are a few reminders that will make the experience a positive one.
1. Get plenty of rest and start hydrating for practice tonight.
2. Come with your instrument or get to school early so that you can check one out for the season.
3. Dress properly for the weather. No jeans, sweatshirts, flip-flops. It will be humid.
4. Wear the proper footwear. lace up tennis shoes will be best everyday.
5. Hats, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
6. Most importantly, Bring plenty of water. An insulated bottle that holds 64-128 ounces is best.
Our Schedule everyday will look something similar to this:
8:00am - All students meet at the flag pole for morning announcements. (Perc and Guard included)
8:15 - Students dismissed with their instructors for Rotation 1
9:15 - Rotation 2
10:15 - Rotation 3/Full ensemble
11:15 - End of rehearsal announcements
11:30 - Dismiss
Looking forward to seeing you all at 8am, SHARP!
Pickerington Central Band Department
2021 Spring Concert
Thursday March 11th, 2021
7:00 p.m. PHSC Gymnasium
Nate Stowe, conductor
Logan Wright, guest conductor
Cohort A Band
The Bandmasters March
Matthew R. Putnam
Singapora Suite, Mvt. I
Jan Van der Roost
Cohort B Band
Big Circus March
Robert E. Foster
Singapora Suite, Mvt. II
Jan Van der Roost
The Lord of the Rings Symphony, Mvt. I “Gandalf”
Johan de Meij
John Williams: Fantasy of Flight
arr: Robert W. Smith
Many thanks to our amazing custodial staff, administrators and booster club for helping make the quick setup and additional safety protocols happen for tonight’s concert.
Dear Parents and Students,
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 7th year of teaching in Pickerington and 15th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.