October 30, 2018
1. Our Playoff game is at Hilliard Bradley this Friday night. Kick-off is at 7:00pm. Student report time is 4:30 pm with
buses departing at 5:15 pm. We will be joining the Bradley band for a combined performance of the National
Anthem. We will be wearing our purple uniforms. Be sure to dress for the elements. Return time will be sent out
2. Tomorrow night President’s Own Concert in the Pickerington North Gym is at 7:30pm. I have Physical tickets I can
hand students or you may choose to go to https://marineband.ticketleap.com and register for tickets online. The
cost of the concert is FREE! This is a great deal considering The President’s Own is regarded as the best concert
band in the Nation. I’m encouraging all students to attend this event. This is a once in a lifetime concert, there will
always be trick or treating.
3. Rose Parade Practices start next Monday. I will attach a PDF of our practice schedule and the location for each
practice. I realize the family logistics behind getting students to different locations will prove challenging. I encourage
you to take advantage of the “family atmosphere” and communicate with leadership and other families to make
arrangements based on the rehearsal calendar for November.
4. Concert Band Auditions will begin next week on the 6th and 7th. In order to be unbiased in the chair placement
process we invite guest judges to come in and listen to the students play their auditions. The Flutes and Saxophones
are scheduled on November 6th starting at 1:40. I am aware there is no school this day. These times are what
worked for the auditioner.
October 23, 2018
1. Our game has been moved to Pickerington High School North.
2. Transportation will be provided to PHSN and from PHSN for all students.
3. Friday Timeline:4:00 – report to PHSC
4:45 – Load/change
5:30 – Depart
5:45 - Seniors report to track
6:10 - Underclassmen form the Senior tunnel/start Senior Recognition.
7:00 - Kick off
TBA - Return to PHSC
4. Senior Parents should report to the track (at PHSN) by 5:45pm to meet Glenda England for line-up and flowers.
Senior recognition will begin around 6:10.
5. Saturday is SMBF’s at Hilliard – Bradley High School. We perform at 8:30pm. All information regarding tickets,
parking, t-shirts and directions can be found at www.omeasmbf.org
6. Saturday Timeline: 4:00 – Dress rehearsal
5:00 – Eat/Load/Change
6:00 – Depart
6:45 – Arrive at Hilliard – Bradley
7:30 – Warmup
8:30 – Perform
8:45 – Awards
10:30 – Return to PHSC
7. I will announce playoff information as I receive it this weekend.
Thank you to leadership who turned in their part assignments. I briefly double checked for any split families. Please let me know of any siblings that might be at two different locations.
Dear Parents, Students, and Rose Parade Travelers,
Our Rose Parade Flight Assignments are now posted at
- Go to the LA Flight Info tab at the top of the page
- The Password is: ******************. (actual password was in sent duplicate email to members of the google group)
- Password is case sensitive
- Please do not share the password with non-Rose Parade travelers
- There are eleven flight groups. Each group has its own page on the website.
Creating our flight groups is a very challenging puzzle and a huge undertaking.
PLEASE KNOW WE DID OUR VERY BEST:
- TO KEEP FAMILIES TOGETHER
- TO BALANCE STUDENT TO ADULT RATIO FOR PROPER SUPERVISION
WE ARE NOT ABLE:
- TO CHANGE ANY FLIGHT GROUPS FOR ANY REASON
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- AIRLINES CAN CHANGE FLIGHT TIMES and NUMBERS AT ANY TIME
- WE WILL UPDATE YOU WITH ANY FLIGHT TIME/NUMBER CHANGES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
We will be distributing the complete itinerary and information at our Mandatory Rose Parade Traveler Meeting on December 10, 2018, 7pm in the Pickerington North Performing Arts Center. We will review the itinerary, performance information, airline procedures, trip rules, and other important information at the December 10 meeting.
If you are traveling to the Rose Parade in any capacity, the December 10 meeting is for you.
Please contact Dr. Parulekar at Marc_Parulekar@PLSD.US with any questions.
Looking forward to an amazing trip!
Nathan Stowe Gregory Benson Marc Parulekar
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 7th year of teaching in Pickerington and 15th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.