1. Thanksgiving break ("break") is upon us! I want to take a second before talking details in this week's FYI to share my gratitude for everyone. I'm extremely thankful for the students who continue to make my life meaningful and fulfilling. I'm thankful for our parent/boosters for believing in the program and choosing to volunteer their time with these kids. Finally, I'm thankful for all the people on our band staff. They love this program as much as I do and help make the Marching Tigers special. Thank you to everyone for having such a positive impact on my life. I will always be humbly grateful .
2. Playoffs - Week 14, Turkey edition. Tiger Football is headed to Piqua High School for their next playoff game. Students will need to be at Central on Friday by 3:15pm. We will have a brief walkthrough right at 3:15pm on the bus lot then depart for the game at 4:00. Students need to prepare for cold weather and purple uniforms. We will be arriving fairly late due to the distance from home. Please use this address for directions to Piqua High School - 1 Indian Trail, Piqua, OH 45356.
3. Skull Session. The information sent out last week is all still good. The Important reminders are the following:
- We are wearing the commemorative Rose Parade uniform. Students must have hair up off the shoulders at all times. No additional jewelry or painted nails, and students must wear black socks with their new black shoes.
- Students need to bring their Rose Parade uniform hangers, and hat boxes to school Saturday morning. After the skull session students will need to hang their uniforms in wardrobe boxes to be stored away for shipping at a later date. We will begin this process when we get back to Central.
Timeline for Saturday Skull Session:
6:45am…………..Report to Home School (Dress: Full Rose Parade Uniform)
7:00am…………Depart Home School for OSU St. John Arena
8:15am…………March to Arena
9:00am…………Skull Session Begins
9:45am…………TBDBITL Entrance (Super cool!)
12:30pm………..Return to Home School (Pack Rose Parade Uniforms for Travel)
4. Intersession on December 5th. All students going on the Rose Parade trip need to sign-up for the 4th intersession called, Marching Band. We will be doing a full-band memorization session in the PAC that day.
Week 13 Central vs Davidson at Gahanna
Pickerington Central is playing Hilliard Davidson this Friday at Gahanna Lincoln High School. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00pm. Students need to report to the PHSC band room at 5:00pm to load and go. It's going to be another cold evening so we are adjusting dress-code to allow warm hats. We have been returning between 10:30 and 11:00pm after these playoff games. Parents, be sure to consider student safety in the colder weather. Be in communication with your child so they are not standing in the cold waiting for a ride late at night.
The Micheal D. Sewell Foundation will provide hand warmers for all the students on Friday! If you get a chance, thank Karen Sewell for caring about all of our Marching Tigers so much!
Rose Parade Uniform pick-up
We have our 4th Rose Parade practice tomorrow at various locations throughout Pickerington. All locations are the same as last Thursday and the emphasis will be music memorization and parade marching.
After practice, starting at 5:30 we will begin the process of passing out uniforms to students. Students will be able to go to various stations and receive all their uniform pieces. Please see the Sign-up Genius to volunteer to help distribute uniforms.
- All color guard uniforms will be picked up at Central High School in the band room starting at 5:30.
- All woodwind, brass and percussion uniforms will be available for pick-up at North High School starting at 5:30. (Percussion: you need to make your way up to North after sectionals at Central)
- See the official email from Pickerington Rose Parade for additional information.
Skull Session at St. John Arena
The combined bands will make their debut in the commemorative uniform at the OSU vs Michigan Skull Session on November 24th. Students not going to Pasadena to march in the Rose Parade are still invited to go on this trip to St. John. The OSUMB has agreed to reserve seats in the lower bowl for non-performing Pickerington band students. I need to get an accurate count of kids who would like to take advantage of this opportunity. Please see Mr. Stowe ASAP. See the official email from Pickerington Rose Parade for additional information and itinerary.
(P.S. - I enjoy the new profile picture in the right margin!)
1. Friday's Playoff Game will be held in Springfield at this address, 1700 clifton ave springfield oh 45505. Please note this is NOT Springfield High School. The stadium is located behind Hayward Middle school.
2. Students must report to Central at 4:00pm. The forecast currently shows rain and a low in the upper 20's. Please dress appropriately. Discreet winter hats are acceptable.
3. We will depart when buses become available off their Elementary routes. We should be able to depart as early as 4:45.
4:00 - Report to PHSC
4:45 - Depart
6:30 - Arrive at Stadium
7:00 - Kickoff
TBA - Return to PHS-C
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 7th year of teaching in Pickerington and 15th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.