It has been a very challenging week for the Marching Tigers and our preparations for the Buckeye Invitational this Saturday. The staff has been very creative with our lesson planning without the ability to utilize our practice field. Despite this, there is no substitute for real repetitions of our show on a real field.
On Wednesday evening, I started reaching out to local schools who might have away games so that we might use their facilities. As it turned out Mr.Chad McGee at Canal Winchester High School recently had his practice field raised with 5 inches of new topsoil and is willing to let us use his perfectly dry practice field! I checked it out today, it will provide a solid surface for our kids to march on. He is willing to host us from 4-6pm tomorrow afternoon!
I understand this is an inconvenience for some, however I ask that you be flexible and help us eliminate at least one roadblock to our band's success for Saturday.
The physical address for CWHS is 300 Washington St, Canal Winchester, OH 43110.
The band practice field is located on the main campus and accessed easily if taking the first right turn onto campus when traveling westbound on Washington St. See picture below for more details.
Needs for the 4 - 6pm rehearsal at CWHS :
1. Instrument/Equipment (students must transport their own instrument with the exception of Pit percussion and sousaphones)
3. Marching shoes and appropriate clothing.
1. Park along the access road leading to the practice field or in parking spots available.
2. We do not have access to the school. We will use the outside restrooms.
3. Pit percussion and sousaphones will be transported by truck and trailer.
4. Band staff will return to PHSC following rehearsal so that students can access the band room briefly.
5. The red arrow illustrates the best path to the band practice field and the right that should be made on Washington St.
September 18, 2018
1.Pay to Participate
3. Pickerington Band Festival, September 22
5:30 – Load equipment and change
6:30 – Load buses/depart for PHSN
7:15 – report to warm-up
8:15 – Perform
9:45 – Awards
10:00 – block up to perform Amazing Grace with North
3. There is no transportation back to Central. Students must get rides back with parents to hang up uniforms and put
instruments away. Uniforms are not to go home.
4. We will provide transportation for percussion and sousaphones.
September 11, 2018
1.Labor Day recap
2. Tournament of Roses Parade Updates
3. Football Friday Night for Sept 14, 2018
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 7th year of teaching in Pickerington and 15th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.