Good Morning Marching Tiger families,
We have a busy weekend ahead of us. In this FYI there will be two section and timelines, one for Senior Recognition activities and one for the Buckeye Invitational on Saturday.
Friday Senior Recognition
Uniforms for non-seniors is the traditional purple uniform. WITH HATS and GLOVES. Seniors need to dress nicely for pregame recognition. Parents will need to find their name on the track 5:30. (It will be on the ground written on a paper plate.) Stand there. If your senior isn't with you, they will be before the recognition begins. Parents please email me with any questions you might have.
Our timeline has been modified quite a bit to accommodate all the seniors, cheer and football being recognized. If the recognition runs long, we will play amazing grace after pregame in the end-zone for seniors and parents. The football game has to start at 7pm.
3:10 - Dress rehearsal with seniors.
3:30 - Seniors Dismissed (finish changing then meet parents on track around 6pm.)
3:30 - Underclassmen tunnel rehearsal/ pregame rehearsal.
4:00 - Load/dismiss
5:20 - Underclassmen report to Ridgeview/Warm-up
5:30 - Seniors drop off costumes at Ridgeview band Room. (Door G)
5:45 - Underclassmen Depart for Stadium (Parents should already be on the track)
6:00 - Underclassmen Form tunnel on track
6:05 - Begin recognizing Seniors
6:40 - Perform Amazing Grace with seniors encircled on the track. (Seniors take parents inside the tunnel)
6:48 - Band members in uniform make their way back field to perform pregame.
6:50 - Perform Pregame
7:00 - Kick-off/ Seniors report to inside Ridgeview to change.
Friday Parent Volunteers
Chris Hartung, load help
Robin Saionzkowski, Nurse
Saturday Buckeye Invitational
Our uniform for Saturday is the dress white pants and socks. We will wear gloves and hair will be discussed this week. It is imperative that all our students wear their WHITE show shirt and light colored shorts. Unlike other performances, we will travel with our garment bags and hangers. All members will hang their uniforms in their garment bags before returning to Ohio Stadium to watch the rest of the show.
Everyone is encouraged to wear PHSC apparel while seated in the stadium. I also encourage everyone to bring any weather appropriate gear. Temperatures may be colder once the sun sets.
Expectations for all Marching Tigers in Ohio Stadium
- Once we have concluded our performance we will meet at the Rotunda for a band photo.
- After the photo we will begin our load-in procedures and change out of our uniforms.
- We will meet at the band trailer as one unit then enter the stadium when all of the loading and changing is finished.
- We will enter the stadium and find seats for the entire band towards the North end of the home side on A deck.
- Students are expected to be in a seat with the band when not getting concessions or using the restroom. There is to be ZERO horse play.
- If leaving the group for concessions or restrooms I expect students to be in groups of 2 or more. If any student is found wondering alone a Director, Staff member or Chaperone has the responsibility of escorting the student back to the group.
- Students are expected to cheer for performing bands when appropriate. Be positive and supportive of all the groups who have earned the invitation to perform in the Shoe.
- No outside food or drink is allowed in Ohio Stadium. Students should plan to eat dinner on their own. Note: The stadium has a NO CASH policy this year. Food prices are expensive in the Shoe. Plan accordingly.
- We will stay for the entire show though the OSUMB performance and awards.
- At the conclusion of the evening we will exit as a band. Do not load the busses until the chaperones have logged you as present on the bus.
Timeline for Saturday
12:00 - Dress Rehearsal
1:30 - Load, eat (packed lunch), Change into uniform
2:45 - Depart for OSU
3:30 - Arrive at OSU
4:30 - Meet Host move to warm-up
4:45 - Warm-up
5:30 - Leave warm-up
5:45 - Perform
6:15 - Photo in the Rotunda
6:30 - Load/change
7:00 - Meet at band trailer to walk into the Shoe
7:15 - Sit as a group on A-deck towards the North end of the stadium on the home sideline. Watch bands perform, eat, be supportive. NO HORSEPLAY IN THE STANDS. REPRESENT YOUR BAND AND SCHOOL IN A POSITIVE LIGHT.
9:00 - OSUMB PERFORMANCE
9:30 - AWARDS
9:45 - Exit the stadium as a band/Load busses.
10:00 - Depart for Central
10:40 - Arrive at PHSC
Chris Hartung, load help
Melissa Wyatt, Nurse
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 10th year of teaching in Pickerington and 18th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.