Dear Band Families,
We are very excited to announce that the Central and North Marching Bands will be giving their first public performance this Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 7pm!
We are blessed to have an amazing administration that has worked hard all summer to support our bands and has worked with us to create this very special performance opportunity!
This year OMEA will be offering a Virtual Marching Band Adjudicated Event. Bands will record their shows and submit for evaluation towards the end of the season.
Because of this, we also plan to keep our Pickerington Band Festival date (September 19, 2020) and add an end of season band show on October 24, 2020. We plan to have our own adjudicators at our shows to give directors and students feedback as we prepare for our “virtual” video performance submission to OMEA.
Our kids have worked very hard this summer and we can’t wait to show you how much they have learned.
Due to stadium capacity restrictions and the need for physical distancing, we are required to limit tickets to two per band member. Please see below for ticket information:
- Each band member will be allowed to purchase two tickets.
- Each ticket costs $7.
- All ticket proceeds will go towards event expenses and/or be placed in a district account that can be used for purchase of instruments, music and equipment for the kids.
- We will be using Home Town Tickets, the official ticket system for the Pickerington Local Schools.
- You will need your PLSD Student ID number to purchase tickets.
We ask that all families who attend:
- Observe physical distancing.
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Observe staggered arrival times:
- Senior Parents: 6:35pm
- Junior Parents: 6:40pm
- Sophomore Parents: 6:45pm
- Freshman Parents: 6:50pm
- Sit in assigned areas, and work together to physical distance while seated.
- When the performance is over, we will dismiss the audience by section. Please remain seated until you section is called.
Please contact Marc_Parulekar@PLSD.US with any questions.
Our students and directors have worked hard all summer to observe our Return to Play Guidelines to give us the best possible shot at having meaningful experiences this fall.
We truly appreciate your help and support in following all guidelines for this event.
Our kids have not performed together for an audience in over 5 months…
Kids and directors are very excited to perform for you this Saturday, August 22!
HOW TO ORDER TICKETS
- You will need your student’s ID number
- You do not need to add any zeros to the number
- Please order your two tickets in the same section. Thank you!
- This is the same ticketing service that has been used for theater and athletic events.
TICKET LINK: https://www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/pickerington-north-high/phsn-box-office/
Go Tigers! Go Panthers! Go Band!
Marc Parulekar, Ph.D.
Pickerington Local Schools Music Coordinator
Pickerington Central Band Director
Pickerington North Band Director
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 7th year of teaching in Pickerington and 15th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.