We had a great first rehearsal with the band. Students were socially distant when engaged in the activities and by the end of the day smiling!
With that said, there are some modifications that must take place. The wellness screener check and attendance take time to do it accurately. Tomorrow we will be checking-in for the morning in waves to mitigate the line that developed this morning. Please plan to exit your vehicle or time your arrival according to the times listed below.
Arrival times by grade
Freshmen - 7:45am
Sophomores -8:00 am
Juniors - 8:15am
Seniors - 8:30am
Students will still do the following in this order.
1. Do CV screener the morning of practice (before you leave your house)
2. Arrive at the planned arrival time listed above
3. Check-in at the picnic table (IF THERE IS A LINE YOU MUST BE PHYSICALLY DISTANT AT ALL TIMES)
4. Walk to dot under the tent
5. Set up equipment for the day
6. Stay on your dot and wait for rehearsal to begin
From a protocol perspective tomorrows emphasis will continue to be on those anticipated transitional times when not engaged in the activity. Social distancing and face coverings during transitions will eventually become habit for everyone. We did good for the first day, we can do better tomorrow!
DON'T FORGET YOUR FOLDING STANDS!
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 10th year of teaching in Pickerington and 18th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.