Thank you for a great concert last week. Every group played beautifully!
Looking ahead, I want to get everyone on the same page for the last two weeks of school.
5/14 Girls Basketball Championship Pep Band:
I was approached last week to organize a small pep band for their awards ceremony this evening. Any students who are available need to report to the band room at 6:15. Wear your band polos and jeans. All theater students are excused for their Theater Banquet this evening.
5/17 Memorial Day Concert:
- The Jazz Band will start performing around 5:45 in the commons. Students need to see Mr. Hakes about their report time.
- All other students need to be in the band room at 6:30. The main concert will start at 7pm in the PAC.
- The Choir Students will be using 510 so all band students must use 511 as "home base" for the evening. The order of performance on Thursday is: Orchestra, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble.
- This concert is a Concert Black event. Ladies are in all black, gentlemen are in black slacks, shoes, white shirt and dark tie and a black coat or vest if you own one.
5/19 Car Wash
- 9:00-12:00 Clarinets, 12:00-3:00 Trumpets at Advanced Auto in Pickerington.
- If you know you aren't going to have many free Saturdays over the summer and what to volunteer now, do so! May is super busy but it's also a great time to get a carwash, and they are fun.
- We assigned to two larger sections of the band for this carwash due to the busy nature of the month. Please plan on attending.
- Graduation band is created by chair placement not by seniority. Once seniors are removed from Wind Ensemble we will move up what students we need from symphonic band.
- Seniors have the option to play Stars and Stripes Forever during the ceremony. We will make room and get cozy for that performance. I will need a head count of seniors who plan to play Stars and Stripes Forever.
Rose Parade update:
- We are watching airfare prices carefully, all airlines will have their December flights posted by the first of June. Which means we will be purchasing airline tickets. Please make sure your trip payments are current.
- If you haven't done so yet, please fill out this survey to help up accurately plan for airfare. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z3QWPWB
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 10th year of teaching in Pickerington and 18th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.