Good day Marching Tiger families,
We have a busy weekend ahead of us. I want to take a moment to go over expectations and give everyone the timeline for the Buckeye Invitational this Saturday.
In an effort to accommodate all the students involved in the Musical and the County Fair we will not attend the football game at Lancaster High School. We will do a quick 2 hour practice on Friday then dismiss for the evening.
Our uniform for Saturday is the dress white pants and socks. It is imperative that all our students wear their WHITE show shirt and light colored shorts. Unlike other performances, we will travel with our garment bags. All members will hang their uniforms in their garment bags before returning to Ohio Stadium to watch the rest of the show.
Everyone is encouraged to wear PHSC apparel while seated in the stadium. I also encourage everyone to bring any weather appropriate gear. Temperatures may be colder once the sun sets.
Expectations for all Marching Tigers in Ohio Stadium
- Once we have concluded our performance we will meet at the Rotunda for a band photo.
- After the photo we will begin our load-in procedures and change out of our uniforms.
- We will meet at the band trailer as one unit then enter the stadium when all of the loading and changing is finished.
- We will enter the stadium and find seats for the entire band towards the North end of the home side on A deck.
- Students are expected to be in a seat with the band when not getting concessions or using the restroom. There is to be ZERO horse play.
- If leaving the group for concessions or restrooms I expect students to be in groups of 2 or more. If any student is found wondering alone a Director, Staff member or Chaperone has the responsibility of escorting the student back to the group.
- Students are expected to cheer for performing bands when appropriate. Be positive and supportive of all the groups who have earned the invitation to perform in the Shoe.
- No outside food or drink is allowed in Ohio Stadium. Students should plan to eat dinner on their own. Note: The stadium has a NO CASH policy this year. Food prices are expensive in the Shoe. Plan accordingly.
- We will stay for the entire show though the OSUMB performance and awards.
- At the conclusion of the evening we will exit as a band. Do not load the busses until the chaperones have logged you as present on the bus.
Timeline for Saturday
11:00 - Dress Rehearsal
12:30 - Load, eat (packed lunch), Change into uniform
1:30 - Depart for OSU
2:30 - Arrive at OSU
3:30 - Meet Host move to warm-up
3:45 - Warm-up
4:30 - Leave warm-up
4:45 - Perform
5:15 - Photo in the Rotunda
5:30 - Load/change
6:00 - Meet at band trailer to walk into the Shoe
6:15 - Sit as a group on A-deck towards the North end of the stadium on the home sideline. Watch bands perform, eat, be supportive. NO HORSEPLAY IN THE STANDS. REPRESENT YOUR BAND AND SCHOOL IN A POSITIVE LIGHT.
9:00 - OSUMB PERFORMANCE
9:30 - AWARDS
9:45 - Exit the stadium as a band/Load busses.
10:00 - Depart for Central
10:40 - Arrive at PHSC
PLEASE KEEP THE FIRE LANE CLEAR WHEN WE ARRIVE AT PHSC.
This will allow our equipment trucks to unload safely and quickly!
Parent Info and Ticket Sales for Saturday
Mr. Stowe is Director of Bands at Pickerington High School Central. He's in his 8th year of teaching in Pickerington and 16th year of his career. Mr. Stowe holds two Bachelors degrees in Music Education and Performance from Capital University and a Masters of Music from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.